Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goalsetting for the new year

Hello world.

I've been off the grid for a number of years, leading the "normal" life. Steady job. Paying the bills. Finding a partner in crime.

But it's time to make some changes. The job will have to stick around for a while, so no major life-altering decisions ahead just yet. However, what about a creeping revolution one step at a time?

Bear with me. Have you heard of the Big Five for Life? The five things that you want to achieve in your life before handing over the spoon? Well, jumping of a cliff? You know what I mean. I've read the book, loved it, but haven't really succeeded in figuring out my exact five things.

In case you've never met me, here's the overview: Ran off for a number of times to flee the country, supposedly to figure out what to do with my life. Loved the experience! Returned to Germany, bartended at a charmingly run-down Irish pub in central Cologne. Met the man of my dreams at the bar, where he was talking with my colleague about motorbikes while drinking soda. I was immediately attracted :o)

Fast forward three years and here I am, with my beautiful list of (more or less) concise goals, putting myself up for the challenge to actually achieving them. By now this list is hopefully visible to your right :o)

Be warned - I am somewhat of a structure freak, so expect lots of lists and mindmaps!

Hope you're enjoying the ride :o)
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment