Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oh brave new world that has such tech in it!

Crazy thing, this mobile internet... For the past couple of days, I have found myself staring at my phone a lot. Dennis has been staring at his phone a lot as well. We feel like modern teenagers. I even downloaded Angry Birds - which (I learned in Thailand) is a very hip game to be playing.

I have, however, also found great stuff. Most importantly, being able to send and receive emails on the go is something I have grown to LOVE. Then, there is the TED Air app that finally lets me watch the all-importand and awe-inspiring TEDtalks again. Just for this feature, getting the new cell contract was absolutely worth it. In case you have never heard of TED, go check it out. Right now.




Welcome back! Did you anything but love the stuff that is on that site?! I have drawn so much inspiration and gotten so many WOW effects from on there, that it partly made me who I am today. If you haven't noticed, I'm a huge fan. Seriously, go take a look. It's FREE, in case you are scared that this is a scam. Just pure amazing content.

Besides TED, I have found a number of games that I haven't played in years: like MAHJONG (wicked!) and mastermind. Now I really need to find a good gameboy emulator - and monkey island *grin*

Apart from gaming (which hopefully fades again after the first round of excitement) I can now use MindManager on the go - creating mind maps as the thoughts come pouring in.

One of the first apps that I looked up was a QR code scanner (the small, black and white square codes that show up ever more frequently on ads etc.), and with it, I got mysteriously taken to the franchising website for School of Rock, a concept to teach kids to rock on stage and in life through music. Fun stuff, I can tell ya.

So much more to explore. Had I known what I was missing, I would have made this experience (read: this epic transformation :o)) one of my goals :o)

Good times.

P.S.: Written on my phone. Edited on my laptop.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the world of smartphones...

    I'm just "participating" in the frustrations of an iPad2-owner (one of my friends here in Hua Hin has one :-() and am quite lucky to own a Galaxy Tab 7.7 ;-)

    enjoy!

    ReplyDelete