Saturday, June 21, 2008

Next stop - Berlin

Amazing. I simply love my life :o)

Walking down the shaded alleyway towards Berlin's inner city transportation network, I can't help smiling with a flock of warm rays of a descending sun on my face. During the flight to Berlin-Schönefeld airport, Timothy Ferriss just introduced me to "outsourcing your life for everyday people", and a new book has made my to-read list: Thomas Friedman's "The world is flat".

I get incredibly excited about a lifestyle like Ferriss describes in his entrepreneurial bible. Jet-setting with just the right mix of preparation and free-styling improvisation. My first online checkin at a convenient seat next to the hallway, right up front. No boarding, no luggage, backpack securely stowed away in the overhead compartment above. First time travel with 6.5kg of luggage for a week :o)

I do miss my laptop already, though, so I make a mental note on my wish list for a topnotch highspeed ultralight sufficiently sized portable baby. If you happen to have any suggestions for a travel companion like that, let me know in the comments!
Until then, this little note will have to be written on good ol' paper.

Can't wait to explore Berlin from a new angle - roaming the city with a new friend, a new way of travel, a new sense of self, and a very bright outlook into the future.

Welcome aboard. The journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment