Wednesday, January 4, 2012

When the postman comes a'knocking...

I must say, this kind of goal hunting is working out pretty well for me. Granted, it's only day 4 of the new year, but I have already put work into achieving goals where normally I would have said "nah, I can do that tomorrow"... And don't we all know that sentiment...

Updates on my findings:
Over the past two days, mail arrived from two major health insurers in Germany. One of the finance magazines recently ran a test on the quality of health insurers that do business in all of Germany. I did a couple of the selections available, and three interesting results came up:

a) It seems that the best health insurer for both my region and myself is "Techniker Krankenkasse".

b) My partner in crime is using a different insurer (which is not the interesting part of the discovery yet...), took the tests, and it turns out that he is using the perfect match :)

c) The insurer I am currently using isn't all that bad after all. They made rank 4 although they are more regionally situated. As they don't offer special benefits in my area though, I will stick to my goal of switching - to a) ;o)

So today I received the application and everything for TK. The other infomail was for DAK, which I also scored very high on, but they turned out to be quite a bit more expensive, with pros that were more or less negligible. So it is settled.

I also passed by our HR person today, informing her that I was thinking about changing - and she had nothing better to do that curse me just in case I wouls forget to inform her about the details! A very friendly curse though, so no offense taken.

...

Oh. I just went over to check the link for DAK - and found out that starting in April (roughly the time that I would be changing), they will cut the extra costs I was referring to above... Damnit, I guess I will have to do some more research after all.

Ah well, one step at a time. 363 days to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment